Saturday, August 06, 2005

Treadmillin' it.

I'm happy to post that since I didn't have a workout on Friday, I walked for 30 min on the treadmill, and it's now 9:38 AM on Saturday morning and I've already done a 45 min walk as well.

My walking goal is mainly to walk 45-60 minutes, keeping my heart rate between 145-155 for as long throughout the walk as possible. Right now, 3.8mph at an incline of 1 degree seems to be pretty much perfect. As time goes on and my cardio system gets fitter, I plan to increase the incline rather than increasing the maximum speed, so I'll always be walking, but up "hills" eventually.

Now I can sit back and relax, maybe have a snooze, and enjoy my Saturday, which plans to be hot, and where I plan to be sitting by an outdoor backyard private pool during part of it.

No comments: