Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Getting back on track

Life kind of got disrupted with the passing of my last living grandparent. Gramma Eleanor died on August 12, and the funeral was on August 17, which would have been her 94th birthday. It doesn't sound like she died in pain, which is good, but she's been in everyone's lives forever and her being gone really does change the way the world looks, just a bit. That elderly lady with the bright red top and dark pants, sitting with her friends at the donut shop, gives me warm feelings, instead of just being another woman I don't know, for example. It's nice, although sprung from a sad occasion.

I went to karate last night (Monday) and after two weeks of not training, the class felt like a killer! There were more than a few times that I was barely able to go through the techniques - I certainly wasn't attempting to do the techniques any kind of right. I'd gain back a bit of wind with a bit of rest, but by the time class ended I was toast.

I walked on the treadmill today, using the new workout I programmed just before Gramma died is what I walked to today, and my heartrate got up to 163 as a high. When I got to the end of the program, my heartrate was still above 140. This sucks, but will improve as I keep at it.

For now, however, I need to get rested as tomorrow is another karate night and promises to be physically challenging once again!

Jill

No comments: